Now THAT is a radish!

The last unharvested radish has become a monster. I can't cut the leaves off and weigh it, because I'm planning to give it to someone tomorrow as a joke!
There is an elderly couple (late 70s/early 80s) who come into the fruit and vegie shop where I work, every Friday. I call them Sweetie and Honey, because when I had my hair really short and it started to grow again, Sweetie (the woman) started calling me Curly. Anyway, Sweetie likes rhubarb and Honey likes radishes, but neither will eat the other's. So I pick rhubarb to take to work, knowing that every now and then Sweetie will buy some. And I grew radishes a couple of times during spring/summer, knowing that Honey likes a bit of zing in his life occasionally.
It's been a while since I've had radishes of a saleable size, so last week Honey quizzed me again as to when he could expect to see some in the shop ... had I got around to planting some seeds yet? I had to admit that I had forgotten (again), but boy-oh-boy did I have the grandaddy radish of the gardening world, but there's no way he'd eat it. Honey has assured me he misses my radishes so much, he'll be in anything ... so I'm going to drop it off at their house on the way to work tomorrow. I wonder whether he'll really eat it????

<< Home