Monday, January 16, 2006

Beginnings




I spend a lot of time "shoulding" on myself, sadly. I should have ... planted the potatoes in September not early January ... planted out the vegie seedlings a month earlier ... bought more tomato stakes ... shaken lettuce seeds everywhere! However, the potatoes that have sprouted from last year's leftovers have brought themselves up rather successfully without any help from me, and if the late-planted ones don't get a wriggle on, I'll just mulch them heavily and leave them till next year ... I've got enough vegies to eat and why am I complaining? ... the tomatoes will sprawl everywhere like last year, and still produce abundantly ... and the lettuce will self-seed in the oddest places whether I sprinkle seeds around or not!

It's all good, really, it's just a matter of reminding myself so.

So seeing as I haven't had the digicam in the garden for a while, here's some photos of where the vegie/potager garden was at on 8 December 05.